Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yard Sale, Passport, and.... Vaccinations... Oh my!

Hello Everyone!!!

I will be leaving for Zimbabwe in 47 days and I cannot be more excited and thankful for this opportunity!!! I could just shout with excitement!!!! I actually just did! J As the trip draws nearer, I will be updating the blog more frequently, allowing each of you to know all that is happening. I will be sharing interesting facts and statistics about the country of Zimbabwe as well as each step of progress in preparing for the trip!  

For the past few weeks I have been gathering, collecting, and pricing, item to sell; all preparing for this past weekend’s yard sale. I must say I was surprised by the outcome! I was very thankful for the lovely weather that came through on Saturday. The sunshine and beautiful breeze allowed for many happy and satisfied Saturday Shoppers, as well as a very happy and satisfied missions trip budget! Because of generous donations from many great friends I was able to raise $280.00! WOO HOO!!!! I would also like to thank my amazing friends who are willing to stay up late and rise early to help a sister out, Ruth and Caroline Motley; you are a huge blessing to me!

A picture of the table with all the baked goodies… I stayed close by! Yummy! J


















Some more great news; I will be going to get my passport and vaccinations in the morning with the money raised from the yard sale! I am sure the day will pan out to be an interesting one! I cannot say I am very fond of needles, actually I am pretty sure I cried the last time I needed one. I was a big baby! But despite my grave dislike for sharp objects near my body, I will endure because I know it will be worth the pain in the end! I will keep everyone updated how it all turns out!

Me and my passport application. If all goes well, I hope to have the actual passport in by the second week of July. Yey!
















Again, I offer a great BIG THANK YOU to all who have donated items to sell as well as to those who have blessed me financially and with many prayers! This could not be possible without you!

This empowering scripture has been on my heart all day, I pray you are blessed:
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.overlandmissions.com